Are you looking for something healthy and delicious to make on busy weeknights? Look no further! We’ve compiled a list of five easy eggplant recipes that are sure to satisfy your tastebuds without taking up too much of your time. Eggplants are a great food to cook with, as they are incredibly versatile and can be cooked in many different ways. So get ready to explore the deliciousness of eggplants!
From casseroles and stir-fries to roasted and grilled dishes, there’s a perfect eggplant recipe for everyone. You don’t have to be a gourmet chef to make these recipes either — most of them use ingredients you already have in your pantry or refrigerator. So break out that apron and get ready for some eggplant love!
Grilled Eggplant Parmesan
When you think of eggplant recipes, you may not immediately think of grilling. However, grilled eggplant can be a great way to get in some additional flavour when cooking with eggplant. Grilled eggplant Parmesan is a classic dish that is sure to please anyone who is lucky enough to have it.
You’ll need to slice the eggplant into ¼ inch slices and brush lightly with olive oil before popping them on the grill. Grill each side for 2-3 minutes until they are lightly charred and tender. Once each piece is cooked, layer it with sauce and cheese in a baking dish before placing it in the oven for an additional 15-20 minutes.
The result? Deliciously smoky and cheesy layered goodness that is sure to quickly become a weeknight favourite!
Hearty Eggplant Stew
When you’re looking for something hearty and warming, nothing quite satisfies like a good stew. This eggplant-and-mushroom stew is a great way to make the most of eggplants’ earthy tones and its healthy dose of vitamin C. It also delivers a powerful boost of antioxidants from the tomatoes!
Here’s how to make it: Start by heating some olive oil in a large saucepan. Add onion, celery, garlic, mushrooms and eggplant and cook until softened. Then stir in tomato paste, passata, mixed herbs, smoked paprika and vegetable stock. Simmer for about 20 minutes until all the ingredients are cooked through. Serve over quinoa or rice for a complete meal. Enjoy!
Creamy Eggplant Pasta
Who doesn’t love a creamy pasta dish? With a few simple ingredients, you can make this delicious eggplant pasta that will have your mouth watering. It’s perfect for those busy weeknights when you don’t have much time to spend in the kitchen yet want to enjoy a nutritious meal.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Eggplant, cubed
- Pasta of your choice
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic, minced
- Double cream
- Parmesan cheese, grated
First, cook your pasta according to the instructions on the package. In a separate pan, heat the olive oil and add the cubes of eggplant along with some minced garlic. Once everything is nicely cooked, add in your double cream and grated parmesan cheese. You can also season it with salt and pepper for extra flavour. When the pasta is ready, combine it with the creamy eggplant mixture and you have yourself a delicious meal!
Roasted Eggplant Dip (Baba Ghanoush)
Fourth on the list is a classic: roasted eggplant dip, or baba ghanoush. It’s a classic Middle Eastern dip, made from roasted eggplant, tahini paste and garlic. The best part about it? You don’t even have to turn on the stove – just put your eggplants in the oven!
Here’s how to do it:
- Preheat oven to 450°F (232°C). Cut eggplants in half lengthwise and place them in a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Pierce the skin several times with a fork and brush each side of the eggplants with oil.
- Sprinkle some salt over each half, then roast in the oven for 25 minutes or until they are tender and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes before peeling off the skin and transferring to a bowl along with garlic, lemon juice, tahini paste, cumin powder and salt.
- Using an immersion blender, process for about 1 minute until you get a creamy dip consistency; alternatively, mash with a fork if desired. Adjust seasoning if needed and serve!
This savoury Roasted Eggplant Dip is just perfect for busy weeknights when you need something fast but still delicious! Enjoy it as an appetizer with chips or pita bread or serve it as a side dish alongside your favourite grilled proteins or veggies for a fulfilling meal!
Thai-Style Eggplant Curry
Curry is one of those dishes that’s incredibly easy to make, yet comes packed with flavour. The great thing about the Thai-style eggplant curry is that it doesn’t require a ton of ingredients, making it a perfect go-to if you’re in a hurry. Plus, this dish is vegan!
What you need:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 small eggplant (about 1 pound), cut into ½ inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 (14-ounce) can coconut milk
- Juice from half a lime
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
How to make it:
- Heat the oil in a large cooker on medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until fragrant and translucent. Add the bell pepper and eggplant cubes and cook until they start to soften, about 4 minutes.
- Add the curry paste and stir everything together. Cook for another minute until fragrant.
- Pour in the vegetable broth and fish sauce and bring to a boil then reduce heat to low simmer for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the coconut milk and stir together until everything is incorporated. Simmer for an additional 5 minutes until everything is heated through.
- Add salt to taste then squeeze in the lime juice prior to serving over steamed white jasmine rice with freshly
Szechuan-Style Stir Fried Eggplant
Check out this delicious Szechuan-Style Stir Fried Eggplant recipe! This is a great way to get your eggplant fix for the night.
- 1 large eggplant, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of freshly grated ginger root
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar
- Chopped scallions, for garnish (optional)
- Heat up a large skillet over high heat and add the oil.
- When the oil is hot, add the eggplant cubes and stir-fry them until they are golden and tender (about 8 minutes).
- Add in the garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes and stir fry for another minute or two.
- Add the soy sauce and rice wine vinegar to the skillet and stir fry until everything is hot and evenly coated with sauce (about 2 minutes).
- Serve with scallions as a garnish, if desired. Enjoy!
Eggplants are an incredibly versatile food that can be cooked in many different ways. From easy stir-fries to creative eggplant pizzas, these five easy eggplant recipes offer a delicious solution for busy weeknights. Enjoy the wonderful array of flavours and textures that eggplants have to offer and make these recipes for yourself or for your family. The possibilities are endless and you are sure to find something that everyone loves. Enjoy these easy eggplant recipes and don’t forget to be creative! Bon Appétit!
Electric Mini Bike vs. Pedal Bike: A Comparison of Options